How long will the hike take?
The full hike should take approximately 5-7 hours up and down. The route is liable to change in line with weather conditions to ensure the safest path is taken.
Do I need to be fit and healthy?
You don’t need to be super fit, but you must be prepared to be on your feet for at least 5-7 hours.
How to prepare for the hike?
It is recommended that hikers prepare by going on local power walks a few times a week.Trip Guide and Leads
We will have professional hiking guides that will supervise our hike to and from the Snowdon Peak.
The Trip lead to and from Hackney Town Hall will be Elaine Thomas, please contact us on 07412640174 or 02081588500 if you need to call in the morning or throughout the trip. 6 members of The Mentoring Lab staff team will be assisting this trip, ensuring all young people are safe and engaged in the trip activities.
We currently have two Parent Volunteers. We are currently seeking trusted parents in our TML community, to assist during the trip and support our fundraising efforts.
Youth Leaders are to be confirmed. They are trained to support their peers and ensure everyone engages and has safe fun during Game Time sessions.Where will hikers be staying?
From Fri 13th Oct 2023 we will spend two nights at a hotel close to Snowdon Mountain. We will provide location details to those who register.
(Note: The fundraising done by individuals aims to cover the accommodation fee of £75 per person which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. Once again, the cost of accommodation should be covered by each young person's fundraising efforts).
At the accommodation young people will stay in a shared room of 4-6 people (same gender rooms). For more information email email@example.com.What is included in the trip (cost will be covered by your fundraising efforts)?
- Transport there and back
- Round the clock support from The Mentoring Lab Team
- Resources to help with fundraising efforts
- Qualified mountain guides
- Qualified first aiders
- Refreshment pack
- Celebratory meal
- Challenge medal
- Personalised hoodie for all those who fundraise £800 or more. What should I bring with me?
Having the correct personal equipment will make your hike more enjoyable and comfortable. We hope that you find the following suggestions useful when considering what to take on your trip. They are based on personal experiences and we are confident that you may find other solutions working equally well.
We recommend that you travel as light as possible. Below is a non-exclusive list of what you should bring to the hike:
- Good ankle high boots with excellent grip (not shoes or pumps)
- Thermal and waterproof socks
- A couple of t-shirts (cotton or preferably breathable/fast drying)
- Foldable waterproof and windproof jacket with hood
- Synthetic mid layer or warm fleece
- Water bottle
Additional things to bring
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and lip salve
- Hat or baseball cap or winter (woollen) beanie
- Personal First Aid kit (wet wipes, flu remedies, stomach remedies)
- Snacks (fruit, snack bars etc.)
- Fully charged mobile phone (a separate external battery for your phone is advisable)
- Hiking pole/stickSnowdon National Park Map
Via the Snowdon National Park Map HEREFood and Refreshments
Lunch and refreshments will also be provided however, we recommend children bring more food and healthy drinks. No fizzy drinks or sweets!Safety Measures:
- We will be purchasing group travel insurance to cover the mountain hike, however we recommend you also buy personal travel insurance with your preferred travel insurance company. Please let us know if you already have annual multi trip / banks travel insurance policy, that covers your child.
- Parents are welcome to attend with their children. However must obtain a DBS and supply reference details in order to attend. Please contact us asap if you would like to come, so we have your DBS/ reference checks before the trip date. Staff will also ask that all follow trip safety guidelines that include:
- All children will be allocated a Key TML person, unless they are with their parents, who will have the responsibility for their child.
- Follow the instructions of the professional hike guide, customer service team and TML staff.
- Children are to be escorted to the toilets by a member of the TML team or their parentItinerary
Fri 13th Oct 2023
4pm - Leave Hackney
10pm - Arrive in Snowdon, Wales
10.30pm - Very late Dinner
11.30pm - BedtimeSat 14th Oct 2023
9am - Wake
10am - Breakfast
11am - Start Mountain Hike
6pm - End Mountain Hike (yah!)
7pm - Eat a big dinnerSun 15th Oct 2023
9am - Wake
12pm - Leave Snowdon, Wales
6pm - Arrive back in HackneyContact Details
Please contact our team on 07412640174 or 02081588500 for more information. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
With a massive thank you in advance to all supporting our fundraising efforts. Elaine Thomas
The Mentoring Lab